Workshop on “ExtraMIR – Extra value from (smart use of) MIR spectra”
25 May 2023 14:00-15:30 and 16.00-17:30 (Paris time)
Aim and scope of the workshop
- ExtraMIR is an IDF/ICAR joint project with the overall goal to offer a more complete and deeper understanding of the activities related to the use of Mid Infrared (MIR) spectra in the dairy sector.
- ExtraMIR should Improve the communication about the prediction equations available and their potentialities in practical use.
- Offer a platform to compare the predictions given by different equations predicting the same trait.
- Offer a platform to validate models.
- Propose guidelines to standardize the spectral data.
- Propose guidelines to communicate the performances of an equation.
More information about the ExtraMIR project can be founded in the following web pages:
ICAR web page: here
IDF web page: here
This workshop will introduce the project activities planned so far, it will kick-off the work in the four working areas of the project and will outline the agenda for the project for the next 12 months.
For the workshop, a specific brochure has been prepared and made available here
Participation from remote is freely available upon registration here
14:00-14:15 Dr Christian Baumgartner – Introduction to the ExtraMIR initiative
14:15-14:45 Prof Hélène Soyeurt – Creating a world representative milk mid-infrared spectral database to limit the spectral extrapolation when a prediction is realized.
14:45-15:30 and 16:00-16:45 Organization of the 4 working groups and split teamwork.
16:45-17:15 Reports from the 4 working group leaders.