Interbeef Meeting in Salzburg March 2016. Minutes and presented files
The page presents the minutes and the presentations of the Interbeef Meeting held in Salzburg (Austria) on 8-9 March 2016
Presented files at the Interbeef Meeting in Salzburg (Austria) on 8-9 March 2016 are the following:
- SIM test run aww
- Interbeef International Evaluations (Routine evaluations; Test evaluations; Files and file formats; Calendar for evaluations; Service calendar 2016)
- Interbeef Code of Practice
- Interbeef Database
- Beef checks and edits
- Interbull updates
- Irelands beef data and genomics scheme
- Interbeef routine evaluations for AWW
- Genetic evaluation summary material and result validation
- Invalid ID in idea
- Publication of maternal effect of AWW
- Development of international beef genetic evaluations for calving traits
- French (quick) feed back on first calving implementation run
- Ireland summary on Interbeef calving
- Interbeef R & D – PROJECT International GE for Fertility Traits – Genetic parameters
- Update on Xbred
Key actions from the meeting were as follows
- Proceed with a pilot project for Simmental, including data call (end April) and parameter estimation. First results to be presented in Chile (October 2016) with target of having a first official run in 2017.
- Service calendar agreed based on two official runs (with publication dates of mid March and early November) and one test run (with a publication date of mid-June).
- Proceed with a test run for CHA and LIM (for AWW), using cross-bred data.
- Update “code of practice” document based on feedback and forward to Interbeef members for comments/feedback.
- Forward latest draft GenoEx-PSE service document to Interbeef members for comment/feedback.
- Continue discussions with potential new member countries.
- Establish a small working group to identify ways of making the ICAR/Interbeef service available to more countries, especially those that do not have their own national genetic evaluations.