According to ICAR standards, ICAR certifies ear tags, RFIDs, milk meters and genetic laboratories. ICAR also provides its members with the Certificate of Quality for specific field of actions and species.
ICAR acts in five major field of certifications:
- Recording devices and milk meters certified by ICAR
- Animal identification devices certified by ICAR
- Accredited laboratories for parentage verification by SNPs and STRs
- Certificate of Quality
- Milk Laboratories Proficiency Test
ICAR Recording Guidelines
The page presenting the ICAR Guidelines has been made available here .
In summary, the new structure of the Guidelines:
- Breaks the former guidelines into a series of separate PDF files.
- Provides hyperlinks to forms and annexes available elsewhere on the ICAR website.
- Applies a new standard template including ICAR branding.
- Includes bookmarks and hyperlinks in each PDF to make navigation easier and faster.
- Includes table of contents, and summary of changes in each Section.
- Adds captions to tables, figures, equations and diagrams in selected Sections.
The Guidelines are published after their approval by the General Assembly voting the amendments presented by Sub-Committees and Working Groups.