Genetic evaluations in beef cattle
The page shows the genetic evaluations in beef cattle (such as Charolaise, Limousine, et. al.) and the National Genetic Evaluation Systems for beef cattle as applied in different ICAR member countries.
Description of National Genetic Evaluation Systems for beef cattle as applied in different ICAR member countries
While we do our best to have this information as complete and updated as possible we cannot guarantee that this is always the case as we rely on national genetic evaluation units to provide this information .
|Weaning weight||Carcass conformation||Carcass weight||Calving ease||Publication policy|
|DFS (Denmark, Finland, Sweden)||Charolaise – Limousine|
|France||Charolaise – Limousine||Charolaise –Limousine|
|Ireland||Charolaise – Limousine||All||All||All||Pub|
The available files provide information on “Data collection” such as:
- Trait definition
- Method and frequency of measurement
- Who does the performance recording?
- Method of collecting data
- Which animals get recorded?
- Is birthday recorded?
- Is day of recording available?
- Are the data adjusted and/or selected? If yes please describe the methodology applied
- Time period for inclusion of records
- Criteria (data edits) for inclusion of records
- Is embryo transfer applied? How are ET animals been identified?
- Is recipient mother ID recorded?