Recording and Sampling Device Sub-Committee
Aims of the Sub-Committee
- Provide a forum for ICAR members to collaborate, exchange information and learn from each other on all aspects of recording and sampling devices used on cattle, sheep, goats and buffalo.
- Maintain, update, promote and extend universal guidelines for evaluating and certifying recording devices including on-farm milk recording devices, devices for recording animal weight, devices for body condition recording, and other devices as deemed important to the work of ICAR members.
- Develop, provide and promote a system and standards for recording and sampling devices testing and evaluation that includes review, official testing and certification of devices.
- Facilitate and coordinate international communication and collaboration in research and development on recording and sampling devices such as carry-over impact, computerized solutions, and sensor device data inclusion.
- Collaboration with other ICAR Sub-Committees and Working Groups to support the aims of these groups.
The following is the composition of the Sub-Committee
|Steven J. Sievert
National DHIA & DHIA Services
Steven J. Sievert ,
Institut de l’Elevage
Kwaliteitszorg Onderhoud Melkinstallaties (KOM)
RYK, Danish Cattle Federation
Polish Federation of Cattle Breeders and Dairy Farmers
The ICAR Test Centres for the approval of recording devices are:
- Test Centre de l’Institute de l’Elevage (France) headed by Clement Allain
- Test Centre of Animal Science Group (The Netherlands) headed by Kees de Koning
- Test Centre of the Leibniz-Institut für Agrartechnik Potsdam-Bornim e.V. (Germany), headed by Sandra Rose-Meierhofer
Useful links to visit
The information available on this section regarding the Recording and Sampling Devices Sub-Committee include the following files:
- Terms of Reference of the Recording and Sampling Devices Sub-Committee
- Link to Guidelines Section 11: Milk recording devices: definitions, standards and requirements.
- Steps to submit a device for ICAR testing
- Instructions on how to perform the “Periodic checking of approved meters. Hints for the sample taker and farmer“.
- List of the approved milk meters given by species (Approved milk meters for cow and Approved milk meters for sheep and goats), manufacturers, names and photos of the devices and a short narrative of the device design and function.
- List of theICAR Approved jars.
- List of the Devices asked to be tested or already on test.