The devices used for the purpose of official milk recording must be ICAR-certified, based on Section 11 of the ICAR Guidelines, which details the rules, standards and recommendations for testing, certification and periodic checking of a milk recording and sampling device. The full text of Section 11 may be found here.
The procedure to obtain ICAR certification is:
- The applicant submits a test application form.
- The Chair of the Sub-Committee for Measuring, Recording and Sampling Devices (MRSD) selects the ICAR Test Centre to perform the test.
- The Test Centre prepares the test plan including time schedule and costs.
- ICAR shares with the applicant an umbrella contract and the invoice for the test fees, together with the test plan.
- The test starts after the contract is signed and the test fees are paid in full.
- Upon completion of the test, ICAR circulates the report to the MRSD Sub-Committee for review, comments, and certification recommendation.
- ICAR sends the report to the applicant and, if the test is successful, the official ICAR Certificate.
- The certified device is added on the ICAR website.
- The applicant must label all ICAR-certified devices supplied to the market with a label issued by ICAR. Label orders must be addressed to email@example.com.
For technical information, please contact Mr. Steven Sievert, Chair of the ICAR MRSD Sub-Committee, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at +1 608 444 1285.
The ICAR Secretariat contacts are:
Tel.: +39 334 8420774
Contracts and payments:
Yvonne de Gier
Tel. +31 6 4842 9118