Dairy Cattle Milk Recording Working Group
The page shows introductory information about the Dairy Cattle Milk Recording Working Group
Pavel Bucek (email@example.com)
- Xavier Bourrigan – France
- Kevin Haase – USA
- Kai Kuwan – Germany
- Juho Kyntäjä – Finland
- Yaniv Lavon – Israel
- Filippo Miglior – Canada
- Friedrich Reinhardt – Germany
- Carlos Trejo Jimene – Chile
- Japie van der Westhuizen – South Africa
- Karl Zottl – Austria
Documents produced by the WG
- Report of the WG presented at the Puerto Varas Biennial Session, October 2016
- Report of the WG presented at the Krakow Technical Meeting, June 2015
- Report of the WG presented at the Berlin Biennial Session, May 2014
- ICBA database
- Status and ToR of dairy cattle milk recording WG
- Minutes Arnhem Meeting, 1 June 2013
- Minutes Arnhem, 6 June 2013
- Agenda Aarhus Meeting May 2013
- Report of the WG to Aarhus 2013
- First setup of the Guidelines
Milk recording in some countries
- Milk recording in the Czech Republic
- Milk recording in Germany
- Milk recording in South Africa (Stud Book)
Surveys, research and projects prepared by working group
- Management of Milk Recording Organisations – Current Problems and Future Challenges
- Data pipeline for novel traits from farms to DHI to evaluation centres
- Practical use of Milk Recording Information
- Practical Methodological Aspects of Milk Recording and Management in South Africa
- Genetic and phenotypic analysis of Israeli Holstein milk, fat and protein production as determined by a real-time milk analyser
- World-Wide Trends in Milk-Recording in Cattle
- World Trends in Milk Recording Management and Organization
- New Technologies and Milk Recording
- Practical aspects in milk recording in Central and Eastern Europe and its effects on the Guidelines
Survey on the World Trends in Milk Recording – Results of WG activities in languages other than English (translated and edited by Pavel Bucek, Juho Kyntäjä, Yaniv Lavon, Danuta Radzio and Olga Kachanova)
|Survey – World Trends in Milk Recording: in Russian|
|Survey – World Trends in Milk Recording: in Hebrew||04 World Trends in Milk Recording presentation in Hebrew|
|Survey – World Trends in Milk Recording: in Finnish|
|Survey – World Trends in Milk Recording: in Polish|
|Survey – World Trends in Milk Recording: in Czech|
ICAR Dairy Cattle Milk Recording Working Group Membership
It may be seem that this WG will cover all aspects of dairy cattle recording, from the systems used on farm now and in the future, to lactation calculations and to ensure that the ICAR membership have the most appropriate Guidelines to ensure best practice for their respective users.
There should be no part of dairy cattle milk recording which is not covered by this WG, so the skills required by its members will vary from providers of on-farm recording, users of information provided, those who require phenotypic data as well as those how use information for genetic evaluations (although most of this aspect will be covered by the ICAR subcommittee Interbull).
The Working Group will be responsible for:
- 1. Ensuring that the published ICAR Guidelines are relevant in respect of dairy cattle milk recording.
- Regularly collating and tabulating the recording methods used by ICAR members.
- Based upon data and information gathered:
- a. Make such recommendations, based upon sound scientific and economic principles, to improve the relevant ICAR Guidelines, and
- b.To provide analysis to the membership on the different methods practiced
- To monitor relevant developments in non-ICAR member activities and businesses and, where appropriate, report accordingly.
- To recommend changes to Guidelines relating to areas such as lactation calculation methods, where new scientific or economic knowledge will bring about a measurable benefit to the members.
- To liaise with the other ICAR subcommittees and working groups.