Recording and Sampling Device Sub-Committee
Aims of the Sub-Committee
- Provide a forum for ICAR members to collaborate, exchange information and learn from each other on all aspects of recording and sampling devices used on cattle, sheep, goats and buffalo.
- Maintain, update, promote and extend universal guidelines for evaluating and certifying recording devices including on-farm milk recording devices, devices for recording animal weight, devices for body condition recording, and other devices as deemed important to the work of ICAR members.
- Develop, provide and promote a system and standards for recording and sampling devices testing and evaluation that includes review, official testing and certification of devices.
- Facilitate and coordinate international communication and collaboration in research and development on recording and sampling devices such as carry-over impact, computerized solutions, and sensor device data inclusion.
- Collaboration with other ICAR Sub-Committees and Working Groups to support the aims of these groups.
The following is the composition of the Sub-Committee
|Steven J. Sievert
National DHIA & DHIA Services
Steven J. Sievert ,
Institut de l’Elevage
Livestock Improvement Corporation
Kwaliteitszorg Onderhoud Melkinstallaties (KOM)
RYK, Danish Cattle Federation
Polish Federation of Cattle Breeders and Dairy Farmers
The ICAR Test Centres for the approval of recording devices are:
- Test Centre de l’Institute de l’Elevage (France) headed by Clement Allain
- Test Centre of Animal Science Group (The Netherlands) headed by Kees de Koning
- Test Centre of the Leibniz-Institut für Agrartechnik Potsdam-Bornim e.V. (Germany), headed by Sandra Rose-Meierhofer
Useful links to visit
The information available on this section regarding the Recording and Sampling Devices Sub-Committee include the following files:
- Link to Guidelines Section 11: Milk recording devices: definitions, standards and requirements.
- Steps to submit a device for ICAR testing
- Instructions on how to perform the “Periodic checking of approved meters. Hints for the sample taker and farmer“.
- List of the approved milk meters given by species (Approved milk meters for cow and Approved milk meters for sheep and goats), manufacturers, names and photos of the devices and a short narrative of the device design and function.
- List of theICAR Approved jars.
- List of the Devices asked to be tested or already on test.