Steps to submit a device for ICAR testing
The devices used for the purposes of official milk recording must be ICAR certified based on ICAR Guidelines “Section 11” which details the rules, standards and recommendations for testing, approval and periodic checking of a milk recording device. The full text of the Guideline Section 11 is available here.
The summary procedures to be followed to obtain ICAR approval for a milk recording device are:
- The applicant must send a test application form to ICAR secretariat. The application form can be found here.
- The Chairman of the Sub-Committee for Recording and Sampling Devices will establish the test procedures and select the ICAR test centre to perform the test.
- Service-ICAR will ask the test centre to prepare the test proposal with time schedule and costs.
- Service-ICAR will issue a formal contract and the test plan to the applicant with an invoice of the test fees.
- The test starts after signing of the contract and the test fees paid in full.
- On completion of the test, the test report is sent to Service-ICAR.
- Service-ICAR circulates the report to Sub-Committee members for comments and approval.
- Service-ICAR will send the report to the test applicant and, if passed, notify of approval accompanied with a certificate.
In a normal case the approval process takes from three to six months.
The above is meant to be an overview, however the complete recording and sampling devices Guidelines Section 11, should be reviewed for all details.
For technical information please contact Mr. Steven Sievert (firstname.lastname@example.org), Chairman of the ICAR Recording and Sampling Devices Sub-Committee .
Your secretariat contacts are:
Tel.: +39 06 85 237 212
Contracts and payments:
Tel. +39 06 85 237 231